Quantcast
S'mores Card Game Review | Sandling All Day

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

S'mores Card Game Review

I was lucky enough to be chosen to review this great new card game, S'mores from Education Outdoors.

The purpose of the game is to build an edible s'more, before your opponents.  It comes with 70 large playing cards (3"x5")
There are 4 different types of cards.
-make the s'mores with
-gain extra points
-loose points
-no point

To win the game, you must collect 2 graham crackers, 1 marshmallow & 1 chocolate.

I like that there are many different levels within the game, so no 2 players are likely to have the same outcome.

For example, I played this with my 7yr old tonight. He won both times.

His first one, he ended up with a perfect chocolate (3), 1 perfect graham cracker(3), 1 broken graham cracker(2) and 1 perfect marshmallow (3).  He also got a 'flashlight'(0) for a total of 11 points.
I had a broken chocolate(2), a perfect graham cracker(3), a broken graham(2) and a burnt marshmallow(2). I also had a 'tent'(0) for a total of 9 points.

The game itself took about 5 minutes.

The second time, we decided to play until one of us got a PERFECT smore.  I liked this option better, because it took longer, which meant more playing time.  This took us longer, as there are only a few 'perfect' cards for each, but it was fun.


It was amusing to my son, who also wanted to build the worst possible s'more (chocolate in dirt, old stale graham cracker, uncooked marshmallow etc.)

I asked my son what he thought about the game.  I asked him to rate it, on a level from 1-10, 1 being I didn't like it, 10 being it was one of the best games I've ever played.  He rated it an 8000.

The cards are funny, making it much more enjoyable for a child to play.  There is a 'wimpy stick' with a smilie face, and a chocolate in the dirt (does NOT make an edible smore, as my son pointed out!)

All in all, this is a card game that will make it into our weekly game night rotation.  It was fun to play, new, and unique.  I'm glad I got an opportunity to review it!!

Want to play it yourself?  It retails for $5.99, you can find it at many outlets, including Amazon, B&N and the Education Outdoors site.



Be sure to check out my other reviews!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to play Hit the Trail. It sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great game !! I would also like to try the http://store.educationoutdoors.net/p/camp-travel-edition?pp=12&pp=12

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance, for your comment. Please know, I read EVERY one. If you need a personal response, please, use the contact me form in the tab at the top.
Thank you for reading Sandling All Day