Quantcast
A Rose is a Rose - Unless it's from Alexa's Angels! {review} | Sandling All Day

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Rose is a Rose - Unless it's from Alexa's Angels! {review}

I recently received a beautiful necklace from Alexa's Angels to review.



Let me tell you, I really enjoyed receiving this!  It was wrapped in beautiful tissue paper with a beautiful   embossed sticker.  Inside the white box was an organza bag with the necklace inside.

A rose knows… The Stencil Rose Necklace, from the Emma Rose Collection by Alexa's Angels, is a perfect piece to help you celebrate Spring! Accent your wardrobe with a fashion statement that celebrates the life and beauty of the season unfolding before us.

The Emma Rose Stencil Necklace is crafted of intricately cut wood with 18K Gold-plated inlay. Lobster claw closure, double 27" chain.


The necklace itself is quite heavy,  which is why the chain is doubled, otherwise, it might not hold up to the weight.
My son immediately wanted it, mostly because of its size, it looked like a "hip hop" necklace as he said.


Alexa's Angels

This is actually an amazing organization.  Not only do they sell beautiful products, but they support non-profits, and even have a Angel-Gram that ANYONE can send (free!) to someone else.

Here's the one I sent my mom:

angelword



Selling everything from jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, earrings and pins) to handbags and other accessories, they offer a full line of amazing fashion forward products.

I decided to give my stencil rose necklace to my mom for Easter.  I love my mom alot, and she works very hard.  The necklace is made to send encouragement in a meaningful gift, and that's what it did.  My mom's been going through some health issues, making it difficult to work.  She's a gardener, with 75 customers getting mowed each week.  Her Carpal Tunnel has been acting up to the point where she couldn't close her hand.  That's a big issue for someone who relies on their hands to work.  Her doctor recommended surgery, and she was close to it... but that would mean she'd loose her business, because she couldn't work.   On top of that, it doesn't have a 100% success rate...
I gave her the necklace with a note, telling her how much she means to me, and that she is an encouragement to all women.  She owns her own business, and has for years.  She is completely self-reliant and takes care of herself, and many others.
I had hoped that the necklace would give her a moment of smiling..something she hasn't been able to do because of the pain.  I also told her that I was praying for her, that she'd find relief.
We did alot of searching on the internet, about different therapies and remedies for Carpal Tunnel.  We had to find SOMETHING that would keep her from having to have surgery.
I found alot of different things.  The one thing that struck me was massage...  I know she has a massage therapist, but not one that really works on her arms.  I asked her about it, and she said that her doctor said that her Carpal Tunnel was TOO far gone for regular therapies to work...

My dad, Lonnie (step-father if you want to be technical) is a musician.  He also does, among other things, massage.  He came over a week ago, and spent several HOURS working on my mom.
She made a fist.  A FULL FIST.  I can't say that it was the necklace, the card, or even the prayers, but  without the hope...

The necklace is a beautiful reminder of love, hope, encouragement...  I'm grateful I had the opportunity to review it.




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance, for your comment. Please know, I read EVERY one. If you need a personal response, please, use the contact me form in the tab at the top.
Thank you for reading Sandling All Day