Quantcast
The Taste on ABC | Sandling All Day

Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Taste on ABC

I am looking foward to watching this season of The Taste: Tuesday at 8|7c on ABC
(watch the most recent episode)

I've gotten the opportunity being an Influenster member to join in on their FIRST EVER brand challenge with The Taste on ABC.

Dairing Pairings


Many know I LOVE reality tv.  Not the fake-scripted "reality" tv, but REAL reality tv, ESPECIALLY cooking competitions.  I love them.  I even got my 7yr old son watching them..(he loves cooking)
so when I got the invite to join in on The Taste, I hurried to join in!

I think reality tv cooking competitions are amazing.  Watching people cook is great, but when they're under pressure, with limited ingredients, working with people they don't know, and all under the lights and stress of cameras, it's a great thing!! (I couldn't do it, but hey, I love watching!!

I've recently watched several episodes of The Taste, including the most recent, Daring Parings.

The show itself is comprised of mentors and 16 chefs, put into 4 teams of 4 (see below).
This show is unique in this way, as many reality cooking shows are completely individual, with a few team challenges.

I watched Comfort Foods with my 7yr old son, who loves watching cooking shows too.
We enjoyed watching it together.

My favorite part of this episode was watching the mentors go at it.  Malarkey and Ludo seemed to get under eachothers skin pretty easily.  I love Anthony Bourdain, so watching him sit back, unfazed by what was going on in the other teams, that was amusing to me. He believed that because there aren't any men on his team, it saved them from the drama!

Getting to watch them choose spoons to share with the judge (yes, a spoonful, not a plate!) and then watching as they talk about the spoons they loved an hated during the elimination round... it was all so amazing.

I'd never watched The Taste prior to my Influenster invite, but this is my new favorite show.



Episode 101

There are 4 chefs that lead one of 4 teams.

These teams face individual and team challenges.  In the end, one will win the grand prize of 100,000 and a new car.


About the Show
One blind spoonful could change everything on ABC’s “The Taste.” This new cooking competition show is literally all about taste.

Sixteen competitors, from pro chefs to home cooks, whip up dishes attempting to impress four of the world’s most notable chefs. The catch is all the dishes will be judged in a blind taste test. In this pressure-packed contest, the taste of a single spoonful can catapult a contender to the top or send him packing.

“The Taste” features no-holds barred chef Anthony Bourdain, British food star Nigella Lawson, expert chef and author Ludo Lefebvre and restaurateur Brian Malarkey. Each of the four culinary superstars and “Taste” mentors – Bourdain, Lawson, Lefebvre and Malarkey – will coach a team of four competing pro and amateur cooks chosen from a nationwide casting call as they vie to create the best tasting dish.

In each episode, the groups will face team and individual challenges with a variety of culinary themes through several elimination rounds. At the end of each episode, the mentors will have to judge the competitors’ dishes blind, with no knowledge of whose creation they’re sampling, what they’re eating, how it was prepared or whom they could be eliminating.

1 comment:

  1. You must inсlude/understanԁ how to mаke it unique, tο be able tο gο
    homе, invite уour friеnԁs as well as ѕorгow.
    Avοid offensive toрics sincе one
    can аctually be a good free dating
    profile. Нookmeup is one of the dаting scenario
    thаt is too early in the onlіne ѕociety
    is Chгіst-centеrеd.

    Also vіsit my web blog ... best online dating sites

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance, for your comment. Please know, I read EVERY one. If you need a personal response, please, use the contact me form in the tab at the top.
Thank you for reading Sandling All Day